Below is My updated list of Experimental Music Software covering all OS Platforms PC, Mac and Linux.
Experimental and Algorithmic Music PC Software
- ArborRhythms music processor is a musical file processor that can generate, play and edit MIDI and digital audio.
- AudioMulch is software for live performance,
audio processing, sound synthesis and music composition.
- autogam 1.2 application represents a free algorithmic Midi music generator !
- Automated Composing System is so called Algorithmic Composition software.
brainwave generator let BrainWave Generator take you to the state of mind you want
- Coagula Industrial Strength Color-Note Organ is a tool for importing, creating and converting .bmp image files to .wav sound files
- crusher X Live v4.10 is a stand alone synthesizer application
- Fractal harmonies generates a wide variety of interesting melodies
- Fractal Tune Smithy The sounds for the Tune Smithy tunes are played using Midi
- Gominimal v2 offers the possibility to transform plain ascii text-files (*.txt) and (RIFF 8 or 16 bit) wave-files (*.wav) into
Standard Midi 0 Files (*.mid).
- GranuLab1.0 is a real-time granular synthesizer.
- MouSing your mouse imitate the eerie tones of the theremin
- MUSINUM 2.08 is a free sonification program which turns numbers into generative fractal music.
- Minimal Music Plug is an original multi loop player. It allows to synchronize 4 sample loops (up to 5 seconds) and to control the drift between the loops.
- quasi fractal composer 2.01 It derives from both serialism and fractal music
- RolloSONIC 100% Freeware, fully-modular sound-synthesis environment for Windows
- soundmaps makes music out of your desktop actions
- Synthfont is a program for playing midi files using SoundFonts
Tangent 1.0 is a generative music program that creates musical structures filled with rich polyphonic textures and rhythms
- VMIDIJoY converts joystick X and Y (and Z if you have it) movement into any of the MIDI continuous controllers, and you can define the fire buttons to be MIDI pedals, or trigger notes, or activate a few other functions.
- webcam to midi program for turning a webcam image into MIDI data.
- Wizard Master's Audio Electripugnance collections of the recordings and software of Wizard Master.
- Critters An infinity of original songs. Not a loop based riff generator. All songs composed using grainsWaves algorithms.
- Think Snail .o2 is an aleatoric-algorithmic music application
- Tapper computer-mediated musical performance
- Mixed Grains A new version of Plogue’s Modular Audio Software has been released!
- Seelewaschen v1.2 is a generative sound environment which was originally composed by Karlheinz Essl
Linux Music Software Resource:
This link goes to a Collection of Linux Audio Software found on Hitsquad